The Paramount

The Paramount Restaurant - London

I recently visited a spectacular restaurant/ event space in the centre of London called The Paramount. The website describes it as 'a spectacular restaurant, bar and events space at the top of Centre Point. With unparalleled 360-degree views of London, an elegant modern European menu, beautifully-crafted cocktails and the highest afternoon tea in London, this is a destination worthy of the ascent.'  I can truly say that it lives up to it's good name, the view is outstanding and although the building makes you dizzy just looking at it, the lift take a few seconds, and within no time you are looking out amongst a breathtaking skyline. 

This is the outside - 32 floors high!
Overlooking Google HQ in the viewing tower
 A close up of the London eye from the viewing tower


As well as a beautiful view, the hired out private dining area was stunningly decorated too. 


The rooms ceiling lights

The drinks: 



This was a mock non alcoholic mojito which tasted of lime and mint - it was refreshing and delicious!  

I don't know the name of this but it tasted of a Hawaiian beach - basically of pineapples and passion-fruits. 

We chose to eat from the restaurants 2013 Christmas menu, each course had three different options so there was a variety of meals to choose from.

For the starter I chose the Orange and Gin Cured Salmon, Dill, Honey Mustard Dressing & Rye Toast - The orange and gin flavored salmon added a gentle tang but didn't overpower the taste and the rye toast added an amazing texture - I'd recommend trying it!

 One of my friends ate the Beef Fillet Rossini, Foie Gras, Celeriac, Wild Mushroom, Creamy Spinach & Port Jus - although I didn't try this I thought it looked too pretty not to be included. 


 For the main I opted for the Rosemary Gnocchi, Pumpkin, Pearl-Wen Brie & Tempura of Squash Flower - I have never understood why the a la carte menu's food are so minimal, that may be because I'm a big eater, however this was surprisingly filling! I love anything with brie and pumpkin so this dish was a top choice, the tempura of squash flower added an incredible texture against the soft gnocchi, it tasted like heaven. - I'd highly recommend this dish!


The desert was like heaven on a plate! I had Mont Blanc of candied chestnuts, Vanilla Cream, Chocolate Meringue, & Vanilla Ice Cream - the mont blanc had a heavenly taste of candied chestnuts which made me feel all festive and the vanilla ice cream was incredible - One of the best deserts I've tried.


I'd highly recommend this restaurant if your looking to celebrate a special occasion or just looking for somewhere luxurious to go,
Enjoy xx

Comments

Popular Posts