Tanya Burr's Chocolate Cookies

After putting off making these for the longest time, and persuading myself that I don't need another cookie because my beach body won't thank me for it in August, I changed my mindset. Am I healthy? Yes (kale smoothies are doing some favours) Am I happy? Yes. So why is it so important that we all obsess about having the right figure for one season in the year. And we go to the furthest extent and make ourselves less healthy, less happy and yet supposedly more attractive if we go on a ridiculous diet. I'm not saying that all diets are awful, because some are both healthy and work, but I don't think that we should obsess over it. Treat yourself, eat that one cookie you have been eyeing up all day, enjoy every last mouthful and don't feel guilty. So all that being said, here is my treat to you, a fellow blogger,Tanya Burr's Cookie Recipe which is just heavenly! 



This will make approx 10 cookies: 
 
200g butter
300g caster sugar 
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
a little dash of milk 
a large bar of milk chocolate (I used Galaxy)
Any other chocolate you'd like to use or just have lying about (which is unusual in my house because chocolate is a rare commodity here, as soon as it's bought, it's devoured in moments)

On to the Method: 
Preheat the oven on to 200C
Cream together your butter and sugar 
Crack in your egg
Stir in all the dry ingredients
Add a dash of milk if your mixture is looking dry
Break up all of your chocolate and throw it in, using your hands to get it into the dough
Line 2 trays with baking paper (the cookies will spread in the oven so don't place them close together)
Pick up a 10 small handfuls of cookie dough and place them onto your trays
Pop them into the oven for 11 minutes - I have found this to be the perfect baking time. When you get them out they will not look cooked, it is vital you know this, as it will be very tempting to leave them in for longer and then they'll be hard and overcooked once they are cool. Just take your cookies out after 11 minutes and leave them to cool for about 30 minutes.

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend in the sunshine, 
Enjoy xx


Comments

  1. I could so do with these right now! Will have to get my bake on the weekend for sure :) xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound exactly like my mum's recipe! They are really, really good though, definitely worth splurging on the calories!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so YUM! I completely agree with you about dieting - I find that if I am too strict with what I eat, I end up splurging versus just being aware of portion control. I'm definitely going to try making these! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts