Pretty Little Liars (PLL) Sugar Biscuits - Season 6 Finale

I genuinely cannot express how excited I am for the Pretty Little Liars mid season finale next week (August 11th), and I'm sure quite a few of you are buzzing like I am for it! So in honour of finally finding out who the illusive A is, I decided that there was no better way than baking some sugar cookies and decorating them PLL style with quotes and symbols of the programme.  








On to the recipe:
Ingredients -
Sugar Biscuits -
250g butter or margarine
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
500g plain flour (more or less depending on the consistency)
circular cookie cutters
baking tray
parchment paper
Icing (the best royal icing!)
1.5 oz warm water
1.25 tablespoons meringue powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
225g icing sugar (powdered sugar for the Americans reading)
piping bag
Black, blue and red icing sugar

1. Preheat your oven to 190C / 375F / Gas 5
2. Line 4 baking trays with greaseproof paper and butter
3. In a large bowl cream the butter and caster sugar until smooth
4. Combine the yolk and vanilla and add to the butter mixture
5. Sift in the plain flour and combine until the mixture is not sicky and can easily be rolled (if you haven't enough flour you could put the dough in the freezer or fridge to harden)
6. Flour the work surface and roll the mixture around 1/2 cm thick
7. Cut out the biscuits in a variety of circular shapes and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
8. Take out of the fridge and place in the oven for 10 minutes (remove one firm and slightly golden)
9. Leave to cool and make the icing
10. Combine the meringue powder and water and whisk for 30 seconds
11. Add the cream of tartar and continue to whisk for another 30 seconds
12. Add the icing sugar and whisk for 10 minutes
13. Seperate evenly into three bowls and colour one red, one navy (combine blue and black) and leave one white - these should be fairly thick
14. With the navy icing, pipe a circle around the outside of the circles
15. Now add around 2 tsp of warm water to the icing to create a watery paste, smooth this inside the circle (which prevents it from spill outside the edges) and leave in the fridge until set (around 5 minutes)
16. Now using the red and white colours you can pipe whatever quotes you'd like related to the show! My favourites were 'That's immortality my darlings' 'Welcome to the dolls house' '-A' ' I'm still here bitches, and I know everything' 'Friends share secrets, that's what keeps us close' 'You may be a dude, but you're still a bitch'. 







So there you have it, special PLL biscuits to celebrate all the questions we've had about the show finally being revealed! I'd love to know your theories about who A is, why he/she had been tormenting the girls and who killed Toby's mum! I hope you enjoy the finale on August 11th Xxx





Comments

  1. They look lovely! And I love your blog.. followed!!

    hope you're well,

    Sarah

    xx
    http://sarah96x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo yummy! I need to make them for when I watch the finale. I need to wait until Netflix gets it though... Great post!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute - I stopped watching PLL a while ago but I kinda wish I didn't - can't carry on now because everyone has told me who A is aha!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts