The Fault In Our Stars Cinnamon Biscuits - TFIOS

I bet you're all buzzing at the thought of FINALLY watching John Green's inspirational book The Fault In Our Stars as a movie, I know I am! So to celebrate the release of this coming of age movie (which is out on June 6th in America and June 19th in the UK ) I decided to bake some celebratory biscuits with the theme of TFIOS.   





On to the recipe: 
Ingredients: 

  • 250g Butter/Margarine
  • 140g Brown Sugar
  • 1 Egg Yolk
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract/ Vanilla Pod
  • 400g Plain Flour (or less depending on the mixtures consistency)
  • Cloud/Flower shaped Biscuit Cutters (to resemble the title) 
  • Icing Sugar
  • Black and Blue Food Colouring
1. Pre-heat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2. Line 2 baking trays. 
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
4. Combine in the egg yolk and vanilla.
5. Sift in the Plain flour and mix until there is a firm consistency which you can easily roll.
6. Flour the work surface and roll out the mixture until it is about 1/2 - 1 cm thick. 
7.  Cut out the biscuits and place on the baking tray to cool. (Whilst waiting for them to cool you could listen to Troye Sivan or Ed Sheeran's TFIOS songs!) 
8. Once cool, mix the icing sugar in 3 separate bowls to make Black/Grey, White and Blue icing. 
9. Leave some icing in the bowls to spread over the background.
10. With the rest of the icing place into three piping bags with thin nozzles. 
11. Be creative with your piping, you could do the 'Okay?Okay.' ones similar to mine, the 'TFIOS' design or even quotes from the book like 'My thoughts are stars... I cannot fathom into constellations.' 




 
 




I hope you all enjoy the movie 'here' is a link to the trailer in case you haven't already seen it! If you do decide to make these biscuits tweet me with pictures of them - FashionableF00d . 
Enjoy, Okay? Okay. xx
N.B: This post is not sponsored

Comments

  1. These look amazing, I love cinnamon so will definitely have to try these out! Thank you for checking my DIY two piece tutorial hun, make sure you send me a pic if you try it out!:)

    Alex from allurescent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts